[BLML] Jeeves the Butler

Richard Hills hildalirsch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 06:17:34 CEST 2017

The shorthand word "psychic" appears in Law 40B2(a)(v). But the more useful expanded description "deviate from his side's announced understandings" appears in Law 40C1.

A true psyche is when "partner has no more reason than the opponents to be aware of the deviation". (Note that Law 40B2(a)(v) nevertheless renders some true psyches illegal.) But a concealed partnership understanding pseudo-psyche is created by repeated deviations, for example the oxymoron "mandatory psyche".

Best wishes,

Richard Hills

Sent from my iPad