[BLML] Jeeves the Butler

Robert Frick rfrick at rfrick.info
Fri Jul 28 01:46:24 CEST 2017

 From the ACBL: "Any call that deliberately and grossly misstates either honor strength or suit length is by definition a psych. However, some psychs are disruptive to the game while others involve bridge tactics."

That means a psych can be a good bid. That means, for people who look for psychs, they might bid the same. Someone complained about Bart psyching, they told me his psych, and I said "Damn, I held that hand and didn't think of that." I got called to the table, someone asked me how I would respond to a 1C opening, and I picked the same bid as Bart: 1D on a singleton king. I cannot tell you how many times someone said a player did not have their HCP on an auction like P 1C 2S, and I just go "duh".