[BLML] Strange revoke

Richard Hills hildalirsch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 03:53:20 CEST 2016

> Have you ever seen a revoke cost a trick?

[Sven Pran]
Yes.

And frankly I don't understand why you didn't give North the one trick
rectification that was due.

(Unless of course, if this was an event where "anything goes").

Cole Porter:

In olden days a glimpse of stocking
Was viewed as something very shocking
But now, God knows
Anything goes

Richard Hills:

In an "anything goes" Houserules Bridge (not Duplicate Bridge) session the
Director is never summoned - the players mutually agree their own
personally customised rulings.

But I agree with Sven that if the Director is summoned, then the Director
must strive to uphold the Laws to the best of her or his ability.

Best wishes,

Richard Hills

On Wednesday, October 19, 2016, Sven Pran <sven at svenpran.net