[BLML] Incompletely designated ruff

Rui Lopes Marques rmlmarques at zonmail.pt
Thu Oct 20 00:45:18 CEST 2016

I´m with Gordon on this one, the player most likely didn´t see the opponent´s card. “Ruff” has no definition inside the Laws.  On a dictionary, ruff is “The playing of a trump card when one cannot follow suit.” Just that. And if declarer designates a suit but not a rank he is deemed to have called the lowest card of the suit indicated. 46B2.