[BLML] Poll

David Grabiner grabiner at alumni.princeton.edu
Wed Oct 5 02:17:34 CEST 2016

Double and 6C are logical alternatives.  I prefer double, as 6C is
somewhat odds-against.  At this vul, I expect partner to have a
singleton heart, and thus he needs both aces for 5C to make, and even
then I need the SQ onside and partner not getting drained of trumps.

A quick pass by partner demonstrably suggests double over 5H, and a slow
pass demonstrably suggests the opposite (since partner can correct 6C to
6S if he was considering a 3S bid with six spades but was light on points).