[BLML] Could have known

agot agot at ulb.ac.be
Mon May 23 12:35:28 CEST 2016

Le 22.05.2016 10:47, Herman De Wael a écrit :
> I was in fact referring to L23
> Herman (egg off-face)

AG : IMO L23 applies when the penalty itself might harm the innocent
side, like when a player holding a weak hand bars partner. That's a
situation which the infractor could have foreseen.

I've never heard it applied to how the innocent side manages what
follows from the penalty. This is much more difficult to foresee, and
for this reason "could have known" seldom applies.

For example, if a player opens light in order to make a OOOT penalty
active, and if it backfires, would you apply "could have known" ? I
wouldn't.

Best regards,

   Alain