[BLML] Could have known

Herman De Wael hermandw at skynet.be
Sat May 21 09:46:23 CEST 2016

Tony Musgrove schreef:

>> Herman.
> Thank you Herman, the reason is that in OZ, the players
> would recognise a genuine error with no malice intended
> and go on to the next board (in my limited experience of
> playing with the big boys)

Strange.

Where I play, any player who finds himself down in a contract after an
opponent misled him tries to get the contract back from the TD.
And the Law is clear: "could have known", not "knew".

But I understand your point. Just make it "no problem in this
tournament" rather than "in OZ", which suggested to me that the laws are
different up there.

Herman.