[BLML] Uno

Robert Frick rfrick at rfrick.info
Thu May 12 18:51:08 CEST 2016

On Thu, 12 May 2016 09:34:15 -0400, Richard Hills <hildalirsch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Imps, Dlr: West, Vul: East-West
>
> You, East, hold:
>
> K842
> Q6
> 2
> J97532
>
> The bidding has gone:
>
> 2D (Alerted and explained as a weak two in hearts, or a weak two in spades,
> or 21-22 balanced) - pass - 2H (pass or correct) - pass - 3D (non-systemic)
> - pass - ???
>
> What call do you make?

Pass

> What other call(s) do you consider making?

I thought about 3S and 4C, taking the 3D bid as possibly strong. But if partner has that, it's his problem, he's the one who made a foolish bid.

This comes up a lot at the club. At the lower level, players easily recover from mistaken bids because they don't make up impossible bids.

I you want a more serious answer, you have to tell me the probability that partner forgot the convention versus the probability that partner would make up a bid, expect me to catch it, and not realize that he has rebid diamonds and how I am going to see the auction.