[BLML] Uno

Steve Willner swillner at nhcc.net
Tue May 10 03:27:43 CEST 2016

On 2016-05-09 10:06 AM, agot wrote:
> I think that the point is to prove that a leap to slam isn't
> necessarily a proof that one got UI.

Of course it isn't.  Nobody has suggested any such thing.  Good grief!

A leap to slam with no visible prospects of making nor a worthwhile
sacrifice is another matter.  "Got UI" is one possible explanation, but
there may be others.  The Director has to judge on a case-by-case basis.

On 2016-05-09 1:36 PM, Robert Frick wrote:
> 3. The embarrassment to the laws is when we cannot find any way to
 > rectify for a blatant case of cheating.

If the Director is convinced of "blatant cheating," the proper action is
to disqualify the offender (L91) and refer the matter to the appropriate
disciplinary body.

An illegal action taken in ignorance is hardly "blatant cheating."  If a
player receives UI from some source other than partner and doesn't
notify the Director, that's a violation of L16C.  There's no prescribed
rectification, so L12A1 applies.  Such judgments are made on "balance of
probabilities," per L85A1, if the facts are unclear.