[BLML] Uno

agot agot at ulb.ac.be
Mon May 9 16:06:09 CEST 2016

Le 08.05.2016 21:57, Robert Frick a écrit :
> Except to insult nationalities, what is the point of this? You made a
> leap to slam. You got lucky. Doesn't this happen to everyone?

I think that the point is to prove that a leap to slam isn't necessarily
a proof that one got UI. Richard has occasionally suffered from this
state of mind, which indeed seems typically American.
No insult, not any more than stating that American schools often take
severe decisions against their pupils who in fact did the good. And it
is guided by the same suspicious spirit.

And BTW I wouldn't overcall 1D. If available, a 2D bid seems superior.
Of course, Pass is a LA (losing alternative).

Best regards

   Alain