[BLML] Uno

agot agot at ulb.ac.be
Fri May 6 12:17:28 CEST 2016

Le 06.05.2016 10:21, Richard Hills a écrit :
> Matchpoint pairs
> Dlr: South
> Vul: Both
>
> In principle North-South play an Aussie variant of Acol. The
> uncontested North-South auction proceeds:
>
> 1C (Announced as 4+ clubs) - 1S - 2S - 6S - all pass
>
> You, East, hold:
>
> ---
> 542
> 8642
> K86432
>
> What opening lead do you make?
> What opening lead(s) would be a Serious Error?

So that it cuts the link between irregularity and damage ? None.

I wouldn't lead a club, fearing AQ facing void, or perhaps I would,
others being nearly as dangerous.

Does North hold a void ? (most probably not in a red suit) Do they play
exclusion BW ? Is North the kind of guy who likes to leap to slam to
avoid giving away information ? etc. So no lead stands out.

Okay okay. The CK would be a serious error.

I would disallow a club lead if West had hesitated before passing.

Best regards

   Alain