[BLML] tangled

agot agot at ulb.ac.be
Fri Mar 25 14:19:27 CET 2016

Le 25.03.2016 13:45, Eric Landau a écrit :
> On Mar 25, 2016, at 8:11 AM, agot <agot at ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>
>> Le 25.03.2016 02:01, Robert Frick a écrit :
>>

>>> What if the player tells you he is "drawing trumps", there is only
>>> one
>>> trump out, and they player in his mind meant drawing only one round
>>> of
>>> trump? Do you really rule differently?
>>>
>>> Bob, who wants out of the kitchen as much as possible
>>
>> And what if one opponent has shown the exact count of the trump suit
>> in
>> the bidding, so that declarer knows that "drawing trumps" will need
>> only
>> one round, as each opponent has exactly one left ?
>
> If he intends to draw only one round of trumps because he (assumes he)
> knows they’re 1-1 from the bidding, then he must say so when stating
> his line.  Otherwise, “drawing trumps” with two out means playing (at
> least) two rounds of trumps.

What's the difference between this, and claiming on a straightforward
squeeze when you know, from bidding and early play, that all relevant
cards in all relevant suits are held by one single player ?

Which IIRC is allowed. You just say "West will be squeezed between plums
and grapes", you don't need to add "because I know from such and such
event that he holds them".