[BLML] tangled

Steve Willner swillner at nhcc.net
Wed Mar 23 20:08:21 CET 2016

On 2016-03-23 2:44 PM, Robert Park wrote:
> My sense, which I suspect is at least as good as your 20% example, it
> that that number for club directors in the US is likely to be
> vanishingly small.

The 20% was completely made up; it could be zero to >90% for various
pairs I know.

I agree with your last comment but would delete the word "club."

As to estimating the percentage in a particular instance, it will always
be difficult, but a competent Director's estimate is likely to be better
than random or simply assuming zero.  Ideally Directors will consult on
any judgment ruling, of which this is surely one.  Nobody said directing
is easy.