[BLML] tangled

Sven Pran sven at svenpran.net
Sun Mar 20 19:56:22 CET 2016

[Sven Pran]
Instead Law 23 applies as it always does when an irregularity forces the
offender's partner to pass.

The statement above " that L23 doesn't apply, because there was in fact a
way to stop in 4C" is wrong.,
Law 23 applies, but the effect of Law 23 depends on the Director's judgement
of the situation.

And the fact that there was a legal way to stop in 5NT may easily lead to
ruling a forgivable mistake and no adjustment under Law 23.