[BLML] Back to the Future

Sven Pran svenpran at online.no
Fri May 29 08:28:35 CEST 2015

Why do bridgeplayers meet? The obvious answer is: «To play bridge». They are certainly not interested in spending their time discussing law.

The prime directive for all Norwegian Directors is to allow boards to be played whenever possible without jeopardizing justice (to both sides).

So when a board has been played in an apparently correct way, but it is discovered that the players were seated wrong (or equivalently that the board was rotated 90 degrees) then we simply let the achieved result stand and credit each side the score they in fact obtained.

Why disagree with this?