[BLML] Back to the Future

Steve Willner swillner at nhcc.net
Thu May 28 22:29:04 CEST 2015

On 2015-05-28 3:22 PM, Richard Hills wrote:
> let us assume that external UI occurs before the start of the auction
> and let us also assume that the Director is not summoned until the end
> of play. Is it legal for the Director to retrospectively apply Law 16C2(a)?

I don't think the question even makes sense.  How could L16C2a be
applied retrospectively?

If you want an analogy to the "scoring question" thread, imagine the
Director is called in advance and determines that North-to-be has
(through no fault of his own) seen East's cards.  Can North then take
the East seat, South the West seat, etc.?

Unless there's some special case, such as the NS and EW fields grossly
differing in strength, I don't see why not.