[BLML] scoring question

Sven Pran svenpran at online.no
Thu May 28 17:16:38 CEST 2015

If you rotate a board 90 degrees at the table you also “rotate” the dealer and the zones with respect to the players, but you do not change the actual cards held in each of the four directions North, East, South and West, or the designation of dealer or zones to these directions.

“Hands”, “Dealer” and “zones” refer to the directions North, East, South and West , not the players (persons) assumed to be seated in these directions.

So please forget the misunderstanding that a board is fouled simply by having been rotated at the table without in any way disturbing the contents of, or markings on the board.

An example of where "if the type of contest and scoring permit" is relevant is matches for teams of four. Here you cannot rotate a board in one room without also rotating the same board in the same manner in the other room. In events where each “contestant” is a pair of two players or a single player no such consideration should ever be needed and Law 16C2a is fully applicable so that the Director can allow normal play of a rotated board to be completed and scored.

(Why you mention L16C3 at all is incomprehensible. The unauthorized information was received at the very moment a player looked at the wrong hand – see L16C1)