[BLML] scoring question

Sven Pran svenpran at online.no
Thu May 28 16:01:30 CEST 2015

Steve
> Willner
> Sendt: 28. mai 2015 15:38
> Til: Bridge Laws Mailing List
> Emne: Re: [BLML] scoring question
>
> On 2015-05-28 8:57 AM, Richard Hills wrote:
> > The key concluding phrase of Law 87A in this case is: "and the
> > contestants who ++should have had a score comparison++ did not play
> > the board in identical form for such reason."
>
> L87A has three conditions: A, or B, and C.  (The above is C.)  It looks to
me as
> though either A or B is required for the board to be fouled.
>
> There's also L16C2a.  I would have thought that allows switching EW and
NS,
> but maybe that was a wrong interpretation.

[Sven Pran]
On the contrary L16C2a is a carte blanche to "save" the board whenever
reseating the players is sufficient to allow a normal play of the board.

"Unauthorized information" includes the case where a player has seen cards
not destined for him, for instance by taking the wrong hand from the board.