[BLML] FW: Ruling last saturday

Herman De Wael hermandw at skynet.be
Thu May 21 10:47:54 CEST 2015

Tony Musgrove schreef:
> Are we so bereft of material for this list??  I had to
> going mad.  See it below.
>
> It has already produced about 20 postings.  I would
> ask please that all relevant information be put in
> place in the first post.  This one has next to
> nothing.

of course not, because I wanted your opinions without telling you what
the UI was.
The list has got fixated on the first action, which was, IMO, totally
OK. Let me remind you that the first action was an overcall. Quite
reasonable one. It was the second action I was worried about. If a
passed partner raises your overcall to game - what do you do?
Nothing, it would seem.
But that is one where the UI plays a part, not the first one. We're all
able to tell a normal overcall from another one.
And yes, with any normal overcall one might also pass. But what does the
UI suggest at first?

So Tony, do not go back to the first post but to my second one for the
relevant information.

Herman.