[BLML] Ruling last saturday

agot agot at ulb.ac.be
Tue May 19 13:05:51 CEST 2015

Le 19.05.2015 03:40, Richard Hills a écrit :
> Insufficient information as to whether Herman's "no adjustment" ruling
> was correct. If the scoring was imps, vul versus not, then Pass is a
> logical alternative to the demonstrably suggested 1S overcall.

Well, if they wrote down "very constructive overcalls", or the spade
suit was weak, you might be right, but I doubt you would fing many peers
of that player who would consider a pass on, say, KQxxx - AJx - xxx -
xx.

> Of course, the hypothetical adjusted auction would proceed Pass - (1D)
> - Pass - (Pass) - ??? Holding a balanced 16 points dealer could
> hypothetically reopen with 3NT, as dealer does not have any
> hypothetical UI.

But we aren't allowed to consider this clever decision by the UIer.
However, we have to consider that he would have reopened with a double,
got a 2S response, and gone to game one way or another.

--
A.