[BLML] Fourth suit farce

Richard Hills hildalirsch at gmail.com
Sun May 17 01:23:57 CEST 2015

A while ago I was partnering an intelligent but inexperienced friend
against two expert opponents. Using the Aussie version of the Acol system I
opened 1C. Partner correctly announced my call as showing four or more
clubs. LHO overcalled 1D, pard responded 1H, RHO passed and I rebid 1S. Now
partner incorrectly alerted and explained this as fourth suit forcing.

Was this a misexplanation infraction? My expert opponents knew me well and
knew Aussie Acol well, so therefore also knew that pard's explanation could
not be true.

Best wishes,

Richard Hills