[BLML] Silent Psyche, Holy Psyche

Richard Hills hildalirsch at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 01:58:12 CET 2014

Imps
Dlr: West
Vul: Nil
The bidding has gone:
WEST NORTH EAST SOUTH
1H(1) Pass 3H(2)   All pass
(1) 5-card major
(2) limit raise, 4-card support
You, South, hold:
AKJ7
AKT932
A6

North's opening lead is the ten of clubs (denying the jack) and dummy
tracks with:

986
J874
KQ6
KQ8

Declarer calls for the king of clubs, and you win the ace. Now you elect to
play three rounds of spades, but declarer ruffs the third round with the
five of trumps. Declarer attempts to cash two club winners, but you ruff
the second one. Now you elect to lead a low trump in case partner holds the
queen. But declarer wins the six of hearts as partner shows out.

Declarer asks partner, "No hearts?" Is declarer's question an unethical
attempt to deceive partner into thinking that a normal 5-4 heart fit has
run into a 4-0 break?

Best wishes,

Richard Hills