[BLML] Both players forget

Petrus Schuster OSB petrus at stift-kremsmuenster.at
Sat Aug 30 22:56:04 CEST 2014

Am 29.08.2014, 13:44 Uhr, schrieb Herman De Wael <hermandw at skynet.be>:

> Matthias Berghaus schreef:
>>
>>> The deviation is actual system and is subject to system regulation and
>>> misexplanation.
>>> The misbid can only be subject to misexplanation as to the frequency of
>>> the occurence.
>>
>> That is the question. It has become not so unusual to assign an
>> artificial score if you use a two-suited convention and something
>> happens. The Dutch have done it (don`t know whether they still do), the
>> Austrians have don it (same..), maybe others have, I don`t know. IMO
>> 40C1 is in the rules to let them do it.
>
> I believe that rule to be against the laws of the game, but I accept it
> in some limited cases, like the Dutch example.
> I believe that a player is allowed to forget his system, and the laws
> guarantee that this does not get punished. What the Dutch have done is
> to get round this by saying that in specially described situations,
> forgetting a convention is "paying insufficient attention to the game".

JFTR, Austrian Regulations use 40B2

"The Regulating Authority is empowered without restriction to allow,
disallow, or allow conditionally, any special partnership understanding."

Certain special partnership understandings are allowed subject to the
condition that they are used correctly. Whenever you forget (or psyche, or
whatever), you are using a SPU which is not allowed in this tournament and
will at best score Av-.

(Note: We discussed this regulation in Honnef and it was considered legal.)

Petrus