[BLML] Both players forget

Herman De Wael hermandw at skynet.be
Fri Aug 29 11:35:05 CEST 2014

Laurie Kelso schreef:
> Herman - I think Richard would quote Law 40C1:
>
> "Repeated deviations lead to implicit understandings which then form
> part of the partnership’s methods and must be disclosed in accordance
> with the regulations governing disclosure of system."
>
> Laurie

You are correct, Laurie. Well, it was actually Sven who gave the quote.
See my answer to Sven's post for my reply.

The important thing is what partner can do with the knowledge. if he
knows partner sometimes has only 9 when the system says 10-12, he need
not do anything. But coping with a partner who might have clubs when
showing red suits is impossible.
The 10-12 system can "cope" with 9; the "reds" system cannot cope with
clubs.

Herman.