[BLML] Both players forget

Sven Pran svenpran at online.no
Fri Aug 29 09:37:54 CEST 2014

> Herman De Wael
> I agree sith part of this message, but not the whole:
[Sven Pran]
I don't understand what part of Richard's post you disagree with?

The fact is that a partnership has an agreement where 3C jump overcall shows
5/5 in the red suits.
But it is also a fact that one of the players with a certain probability
forgets this agreement and instead use this 3C bid as natural.

So long as this mistake is not just accidental, and although random occurs
with a certain probability, opponents are entitled to the actual agreement,
the full nature of the mistake and the (approximate) probability with which
it occurs (individually for each player). (Law 40C1)

Isn't this what you both have stated?
Sven