[BLML] Law 79B

Mike Amos mikeamostd at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 6 02:16:59 CEST 2014

B. Disagreement on Tricks Won

If a subsequent disagreement arises, the Director must be called, then:

1. The Director determines whether there has been a claim or concession and,
if so, applies Law 69.

2. If 1 does not apply the Director rules what score is to be recorded. If
the Director is not called before the round ends he rules in accordance with
C below or Law 87, as applicable, but there shall be no obligation to
increase a side's score.

I've been doing some preparatory work for a Club Director Training Course
and one item referred to in the course notes is Law 79B.

I'm completely mystified by the reference to Law 87, which appears to me to
be a mistake of some kind. (I do have a theory, but would be interested to
hear other opinions before offering it)

Any thoughts?

Mike