[BLML] Nike [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Tony Musgrove ardelm at optusnet.com.au
Fri Nov 22 05:35:24 CET 2013

In Oz, you need to win a match by 0.02 IMP/board to win 100% of the
master points available. Otherwise the masterpoints are shared.  I have
heard of teams who play for narrow wins to minimise the risk of
playing good teams but to maximise their haul of "points".  (Except
on the last round).  Someone who allocates these points via computer
is going to have to make some programming changes to accommodate
a new continuous VP scale.  Not me, so I don't care.

I don't like the non linear IMP scale nor the calculation of a so called
datum (in so called "Butler Pairs") to the nearest multiple of 10.
Much more unfair.

Cheers,

Tony (Sydney)