[BLML] interesting problem

Sven Pran svenpran at online.no
Thu Nov 21 11:48:00 CET 2013

Peter Eidt
> Von: Herman De Wael <hermandw at skynet.be>
> > Peter,
> > I never doubted you would get this correct.
> > You spared a lot of people some wrong guesses though.
> > One interesting twist: what if dummy has no trumps?
>
> Peter:
> ok, i'll leave this to those people mentioned above ;-)
>
> > Herman.

[Sven Pran]
In that case we have Law 46B4: "If declarer calls a card that is not in dummy the call is void and declarer may designate any legal card."

So no card has been played from dummy, and LHO may NOT change his play.

(May I add that I really appreciated Peter's very sound logic when answering the original question, I was myself initially in a bit of doubt)