[BLML] different problem in adjudicating claims [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Richard HILLS richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Wed Nov 13 04:10:31 CET 2013

UNOFFICIAL

Jeff Easterson:

>Did Russell really write "complemented" and not "complimented"? Ciao, JE

Richard Hills:

Excellent backup proof-reading by Jeff. And I would again like to thank Eitan
Levy for his excellent backup proof-reading to my Index of the 2007 Lawbook.

Unfortunately I lacked a backup proof-reader for the revised Law 75. So Law 75
inconsistently uses the 1997 term "partnership agreement" instead of Law 75
consistently using the 2007 term "partnership understanding". (No doubt some
blmler will therefore attempt to prove that that difference in wording means a
difference in interpretation.)

Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

ubiquity, n.

The gift or power of being in all places at one time, but not in all places at all
times, which is omnipresence, an attribute of God and the luminiferous ether
only. This important distinction between ubiquity and omnipresence was not
clear to the mediaeval Church and there was much bloodshed about it. Certain
Lutherans, who affirmed the presence everywhere of Christ's body, were known
as Ubiquitarians. For this error they were doubtless damned, for Christ's body is
present only in the Eucharist, though that sacrament may be performed in more
than one place simultaneously. In recent times ubiquity has not always been
understood - not even by Sir Boyle Roche, for example, who held that a man
cannot be in two places at once unless he is a bird.

UNOFFICIAL

intended recipient is prohibited.  DIBP respects your privacy and has