[BLML] Delayed challenge to a claim [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Richard HILLS richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Mon Nov 11 23:33:18 CET 2013

UNOFFICIAL

Sven Pran:

>Richard
>
>Have you by any chance completely overlooked (or forgotten) Law 79A1
>which says:
>
>The number of tricks won shall be agreed upon before all four hands have
>been returned to the board.
>
>Where does this law put your argument? I consider Bob to be correct.

Sven

Have you by any chance completely overlooked (or forgotten) the WBF
minutes of 8th September 2009, item 3, which says:

" ..... Referring again to the principle that a specific law overrides a general
law, ..... "

An agreement defined by Law 69A, which specifically applies to an
agreement (or non-agreement) to a claim, overrides the general Law 79A1.

Where does this minute put your argument? I consider Sven to be incorrect.

The key issue is that the word "agreement" as defined by Law 69A is very
incongruous with the word "agreement" as defined in a standard dictionary.

Richard Hills, 1st November 2011:

>>My belief, which every sane blmler would call wrong, is that the
>>Lawbook's non-dictionary technical terms should be written in Klingon.
>>Translations from Klingon to English would be found in the Definitions.
>>That way grass-roots Directors would be forced to eschew their current
>>habit of ignoring the Definitions.
>>
>>Or alternatively the Drafting Committee could write as much as possible
>>of the Lawbook in plain English, using technical terms as little as
>>possible, thus assisting grass-roots Directors.
>>
>>What's the problem? paghmo' tIn mIS (which translated from Klingon is
>>Much Ado About Nothing).
>>
>>Kind regards,
>>
>>Richard

UNOFFICIAL

intended recipient is prohibited.  DIBP respects your privacy and has