[BLML] Alerting a BOOT [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Sven Pran svenpran at online.no
Sun Nov 3 22:36:46 CET 2013

To appreciate this I shall need to know the upper strength (limit) for your
pass to your partner’s opening bid.

In a natural system where opener can have as much as about 19HCP partner’s
pass will show less than 6 HCP while for instance in precision where opener
is limited to 15 HCP partner’s pass can be some 9 HCP. PASS that can be
stronger than according to these limits must of course be alerted also in
Norway.

An example is pass by opener’s partner in a situation where a negative
double is available. This pass must be alerted because it might show
interest for a penalty double by opener (at opener’s discretion).