[BLML] Marv [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Richard HILLS richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Wed Jan 9 06:59:36 CET 2013

UNOFFICIAL

Matthew Vaughn's self-created film company MARV (named after
his initials) financed and distributed his ultra-violent but ultra-
funny 2012 superhero film "Kick-Ass":

"With no power comes no responsibility, except that wasn't true."

Marv French, August 2002:

>Washington DC NABC Life Master Pairs
>
>With neither pair at fault for starting a second board very late in
>the round, we were told to play the board later despite being two
>bids into the auction.
>
>Does BLML find this acceptable?

Richard Hills, January 2013:

This was of debatable (and frequently debated) legality under the
then 1997 Lawbook, but now clarified in the

2007 Law 82B2:

"To rectify an error in procedure the Director may:
require, postpone, or cancel the play of a board."

If Marv's case occurred again today, the "error in procedure" would
be unintentional failure to obey the Director's Law 8A1 instruction
on "progression of contestants". See also Law 8B2:

"When the Director exercises his authority to postpone play of a
board, for that board the round does not end for the players
concerned until the board has been played and the score agreed and
recorded or the Director has cancelled the play of the board."

UNOFFICIAL