[BLML] Ridgeb, nit Bridge

Peter Eidt petereidt at t-online.de
Thu Feb 28 15:24:47 CET 2013

Funny (?) case:

Board 32, Dealer W, EW vul., Pairs

W    N    E    S
2D  p    2H  X
XX   p     p    p

(2D showed 24+ and 2H was a relay)

After this auction West shouted at partner: "How
can you pass my redouble!?!" and led one of
his cards. North "duly" put down his 13 cards
and felt as a dummy.

Up to this point we might know the answer, but ...

... South ordered a card from "dummy" and East
followed suit. The other 12 tricks were played too
and the result (South: 2HXX-1) was entered in the
bridgemate.

Only after the end of the tournament (but within
the correction period), West realized at the bar,
while talking about this hand with another player,
that East should have been the declarer ...

Any idea other than Avg-/Avg- ??