[BLML] Can a complete designation becomeincomplete?[SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Larry larry at charmschool.orangehome.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 12:19:30 CET 2013

I recall this being bantered about many years
ago.

I think it even made it's way onto the ebu
training course.

However, from a blml point of view, the most
important
ANeCdote from the ANC was this ruling ->

Dummy had missorted their cards, placing the ace
of
hearts in the diamond suit. At an early stage,
declarer
called for the non-existent ace of “diamonds”
from
dummy. All other players followed suit with low
diamonds, even the defender who actually held
the real
ace of diamonds.

Four tricks later, that defender tried to cash
the real ace of
diamonds. At that stage, the Director was
called.

How would you rule?

Best wishes,

R.J.B. Hills