[BLML] Can a complete designation become incomplete? [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Robert Frick rfrick at rfrick.info
Tue Feb 19 05:24:01 CET 2013

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 21:59:04 -0500, Richard HILLS
<richard.hills at immi.gov.au> wrote:

> UNOFFICIAL
>
>> This is all irrelevant, Richard. It was a given of the original
>> problem that she intended to say three. The idea that she
>> meant to say "jack" and her mouth made a mistake and it
>> came out "three" is farfetched.

You snipped the hard problem. Declarer calls for the three from dummy.
Declarer meant one of the threes, but there are two threes so the call is
ambiguous. Can declarer now play the jack of hearts?

> Richard Hills, February 2013:
>
> No, it was an irrelevant given

No, that given avoids your pointless discussion of uninteresting issues.