[BLML] Appeal No : 11.041 [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Richard HILLS richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Thu Feb 14 06:27:36 CET 2013

UNOFFICIAL
David Grabiner, on the one hand:

>I would agree that a lead out of turn (or an attempt to lead out of turn
>which follows a lead by the other side) constitutes a play to the next
>trick; the precedent is that a lead out of turn frequently establishes a
>revoke. For example, if dummy plays a high card and declarer trumps
>rather than following suit, declarer's attempt to lead from dummy
>establishes the revoke.

Frances Hinden (casebook panellist), on the other hand:

I don't like this. It is a matter of fact (which the TD has to rule on)
what spade North actually called for at trick two, but let's suppose
that he did ask for a top spade and South mistakenly played a low one.
Now it seems that West can prevent that error being rectified by his
own actions - all he has to do is say he's led to the next trick when
declarer also tries to lead to the next trick, and declarer has no recourse.

UNOFFICIAL