[BLML] L16B2

Steve Willner swillner at nhcc.net
Tue Feb 5 03:27:58 CET 2013

"When a player considers that an opponent has made such information
available and that damage could well result he may announce..."

Are there any restrictions on _when_ the player may so announce?  I've
always assumed it had to be done immediately, but now that I look, I
don't see a time limit (or "immediately" or such) in the Law.  Did the
law change?  Announcing a possible tempo break much later in the auction
("Do we agree your partner's 2C bid [three rounds of the auction ago
when we're now at the five level] was slow?") is very distracting.  Is
it legal?  It seems pointless because if there was UI, it has probably
already been "used."