[BLML] intended meaning?

Sven Pran svenpran at online.no
Sat Feb 2 06:38:58 CET 2013

> Robert Frick
> > [Sven Pran]
> > For correct application of Law 27B1(b) you should investigate the
> > question:
> >
> > Is there ANY hand with which the player (according to partnership
> > understanding) would double in this situation but NOT have bid 2D if
> > that bid had been sufficient - that is in the auction:
> > P   P  1H  P
> > 2C  P  P  2D?
>

> Is there some reason you made up this auction?

[Sven Pran]
It was the only alternative auction I could imagine the offender had "seen"
that would make his 2D bid sufficient.

The "meaning" of the insufficient bid when trying for Law 27B1{b} must be
investigated under the presumption that the offender thought his bid was
sufficient at the time he made it.