[BLML] Law 20F4 (was Thursday...) [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Richard HILLS richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Fri Aug 23 00:49:30 CEST 2013

UNOFFICIAL

[Richard]
I glory in the fact that my actions and consequent results will never reach
Terence Reese's "standards".

[Nigel]
Do you think that's that fair, Richard? The WBF delegated the investigation
of cheating allegations against Reese and Schapiro to a BBL Tribunal that
exonerated them. British CTD, Harold Franklin, was a character witness.
Many contemporaries were convinced that they cheated. In spite of reduced
libel constraints now that they're dead, however, there seems to be little
new evidence to corroborate their suspicions.

[Richard]
Yes, I think that is fair. See this new evidence ->

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/20/crosswords/bridge/20card.html?_r=0

But my key point is that players with grey or black ethics will always win
more duplicate bridge tournaments than players with white ethics. So what?
Since one of my fictional heroes is Gandalf the White, I am happy to
destroy the One Ring of my potential Aussie championship success.

[Gandalf]
"Let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy! For he is very
wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the
only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all
hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that
having the Ring we may seek to destroy it. If we seek this, we shall put him
out of reckoning."

UNOFFICIAL