[BLML] Law 20F4 (was Thursday...) [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Nigel Guthrie g3 at nige1.com
Thu Aug 22 16:04:53 CEST 2013

[Herman De Wael]
I know I am about to be called a cheat. But the real cheat is the one who
keeps quiet when the laws tell him to speak out. I am merely making the laws
such that non-cheats get the same result as cheats that we cannot catch
anyway.

[Richard Hills]
I glory in the fact that my actions and consequent results will never reach
Terence Reese’s “standards”.

[Nigel]
Do you think that's that fair, Richard? The WBF delegated the investigation
of cheating allegations against Reese and Schapiro to a BBL Tribunal that
exonerated them.  British CTD, Harold Franklin, was a character witness.
Many contemporaries were convinced that they cheated. In spite of reduced
libel constraints now that they're dead, however, there seems to be little
new evidence to corroborate their suspicions.