[BLML] Procedure if you suspect a board has not been reshuffled [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Richard HILLS richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Thu Aug 22 00:42:10 CEST 2013

UNOFFICIAL

Henk Uijterwaal, earlier post:

>>Aha, and these machines print a label on the board indicating in which session
>>it should be played?  Otherwise, I don't see how it can solve the problem of
>>the TD handing out a set of boards from session X in session Y.

Henk Uijterwaal, later post:

>Instructions for TD here are that they should check the north hand on board 1
>from all the sets before handing them out.  At least you know that the whole
>room is playing the same set.

Richard Hills:

Instructions for the TD in Canberra go one step further; checking the North
hand on board 1 against the printed hand record. And the hand record ++does++
contain a label / heading indicating which session of what event.

This protocol averted disaster in a recent Tuesday night tournament, as boards from
the earlier Tuesday afternoon walk-in session were initially distributed, before being
promptly retracted by the TD.

Best wishes,

Richard Hills

UNOFFICIAL