[BLML] Procedure if you suspect a board has not been reshuffled [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Alain Gottcheiner agot at ulb.ac.be
Wed Aug 21 14:21:57 CEST 2013

Le 21/08/2013 13:51, Herman De Wael a écrit :
>> Richard Hills:
>> Deferred notification of the Director is a different wrong under Law 16C1:
>> “When a player accidentally receives unauthorized information about a
>> board he is playing or has yet to play, as by [remembering her cards from
>> a previous session]
>> the Director should be ++notified forthwith++, preferably by the recipient
>> of the information.”

Indeed. However, it doesn't always help.
At least twice, as a player, I called the TD to tell him that I knew the
board, and he brushed it away with "that's impossible".

The first time, it was in a friendly tournament in club A, and I
remembered the deal from a recent (bigger) tournament in club B : the
board was remarkable for the bidding sequence : 2C- 2S (the Ace) - 6H.
The TD told me that, precisely for this reason and from the fact that
declarer had claimed, I couldn't remember the board well enough.
Later I learned that club A had lended their boards for B's tournament.

The second time, I was able to call the exact pattern of LHO's hand and
his honor cards (it was my hand from previous week of course). But the
TD told me that only this set of boards was used for the moment, and
there had been a tournament in the meantime. That the board had been
left unshuffled twice in a row was impossilbe.
Well, he should heve remembered Sherlock's words.

Best regards

   Alain