[BLML] a case for Law 11?

Herman De Wael hermandw at skynet.be
Sun Aug 11 10:07:12 CEST 2013

Interesting case, Petrus.
There is one point you missed.
I would not care if dummy had insisted on calling the TD before any
other play, but he only asked for the TD AFTER the DA had been played.
Before that, declarer had waived the penalty - which is quite common. In
that case, taking the ace believing there is no lead penalty is also
quite allowed.
The combined actions of dummy and declarer have forced East to take the
DA, and this should not be allowed.
10 tricks to both sides, I believe.

Herman.