[BLML] UI from perfect tempo [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Marvin French mfrench1 at san.rr.com
Tue Sep 25 19:33:30 CEST 2012

From: "Ed Reppert"

> I am currently attempting to maintain a steady tempo of about 4 seconds in
> all my calls. This seems to be long enough to avoid the kind of problem
> you describe. Of course, I've had troubles with stroppy opponents who
> think "in tempo" means "immediately", so they tell me I'm "hesitating" on
> every call. :-(

A good case for a PP.

Would this be a good pre-Alert?

"We never play fast on defense or bid fast, usually waiting about four
seconds for every call or defensive play."

No harm in violating that in the interest of speed when tempo could not
possibly be a problem.

Eddie Kantar and Marshall Miles once experimented with a pre-Alert, "We
hesitate randomly."

That didn[t last long, and it was not a good idea.

Marv
Marvin L French
www.marvinfrenchj.com