[BLML] Walks like a duck and miaows like a cat [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

richard.hills at immi.gov.au richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Fri Sep 21 01:24:18 CEST 2012

The late Alan LeBendig, May 1996:

[snip]
>>we are going to adjust. We in no way
>>suggest what that source was. We don't
>>have to determine that to apply this
>>Law [now the 2007 Law 16C, Extraneous
>>Information from Other Sources].
[snip]

Jean-Pierre Rocafort ("Law 25A" thread):

[snip]
>always dangerous to prescribe automatic
>procedures in cases involving judgement.
>jpr

Richard Hills:

Yes, assuming that a player's loony (but
successful) leap to slam automatically
means that that player has infracted Law
16C fails to take into account the weird
player's many loony (but unsuccessful)
leaps to slam on previous deals.

For example:

Imps
Dlr: West
Vul: East-West

The bidding has gone:

WEST......NORTH.....EAST......SOUTH
Pass(1)...Pass(1)...1D (1)....2C (1)
?

(1) Natural and non-conventional meaning

You, weird West (a psychic Passer), hold:

AJT3
AKQJ972
J6
---

What call do you make?
What other calls do you consider making?