[BLML] 25A [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

richard.hills at immi.gov.au richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Thu Sep 20 02:04:55 CEST 2012

George Orwell, "1984":

Then the face of Big Brother faded away again and
instead the three slogans of the Party stood out in
bold capitals:

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Ed Reppert:

[snip]
>>but I think that, in the end, the TD has to be
>>open, in *every* case, to the possibility that his
>>blanket rule is wrong.

Big Brother:

>Or you could call them simple objective guidelines.
[snip]

Captain Hector Barbossa:

"First, your return to shore was not part of our
negotiations nor our agreement so I must do nothing.
And secondly, you must be a pirate for the pirate's
code to apply and you're not. And thirdly, the code is
more what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules."