[BLML] 25A [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Ed Reppert blackshoe at mac.com
Mon Sep 17 06:17:17 CEST 2012

On Sep 17, 2012, at 12:02 AM, richard.hills at immi.gov.au wrote:

> Ed Reppert:
>
> >Sure. Easy-peasy. "I will never accept a claim
> >of inadvertent call from any player". Of course,
> >a director who does this is incompetent.
>
> Richard Hills:
>
> Yes and No.

I agree with both of your quotes from Ton, and I don't think either one contradicts what I said. I suppose a TD might decide, in advance, that in cases where long experience and legal precedent indicates that a player did, just for a moment, intend the call he made, the TD will rule that 25A does not apply, but I think that, in the end, the TD has to be open, in *every* case, to the possibility that his blanket rule is wrong. If he decides the possibility is remote, on the evidence, in a particular case, that's fine, but the TD has to remain always objective and receptive to the evidence.