[BLML] How do you explain UI ruling to a novice? [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

richard.hills at immi.gov.au richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Thu Sep 13 01:20:56 CEST 2012

David Grabiner:

[big snip]
>How do you handle the situation, both when first
>called

Richard Hills:

When first called I like the sensible EBU White
Book advice (see my previous post to this thread).

David Grabiner:

>and when you return to the table with a ruling
>(which turns out to go against E-W)?

Richard Hills:

One of my favourite Laws is the short and snappy
Law 73C statement of principle about use-of-UI.
So I would read it verbatim to the novices, then
explain the implications of its key final phrase:

" ... must carefully avoid taking any advantage
from that unauthorized information"