[BLML] L40B6(a)

Robert Frick rfrick at rfrick.info
Tue Nov 6 06:04:09 CET 2012

I am relatively comfortable interpreting L40B6(a) as that I must disclose
inferences using the information I had prior to the start of play of this
hand, except general bridge knowledge. Such as that my partner is a weak
player.

I knew my partner was weak, because I am director and she often needs a
partner, and it is my job to know the strength of players who need
partners. I knew weak players usually play regular Blackwood. The
inference from these is about an 80% chance of her Blackwood response
being regular, which I would have felt obligated to tell the opponents.

Can I withhold the information that my partner is weak (and inferences from
that)? I concede that L40B6(a) is as consistent with this
interpretation as mine. But this does does not seem popular, despite
regulations to the contrary.