[BLML] Reason [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

richard.hills at immi.gov.au richard.hills at immi.gov.au
Tue Nov 6 02:59:12 CET 2012

Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992):

"You can prove anything you want by coldly logical
reason - if you pick the proper postulates."

>In 2008 the Authority of the WBF Drafting
>Committee, with the concurrence of the Authority
>of the WBF Laws Committee, and ratified by the
>Supreme Authority of the WBF Executive cut the
>logical Gordian Knot of the De Wael School by
>creating a new Proper Postulate.

And the Authority of Long Island, ratified by the
Supreme Authority of Long Island, has created the
2012 Laws of Long Island Bridge, which have a
Proper Postulate of "Partner Understandings"
instead of the wimpy wimpy wimpy WBF Proper
Postulate of "Partnership Understandings" in its
2007 Laws of Duplicate Bridge.

What's the problem? Actually there is no problem.
For even the Ten Commandments of the Old
Testament were later over-ridden by the Two
Great Commandments of the New Covenant.

Matthew 22:38

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy
heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment. And the
second is like unto it. Thou shalt love thy
neighbour as thyself."

As an Anglican (Episcopalian) atheist I strive, not
always successfully, to follow the Second Great
Commandment. My apologies to all and sundry
for past and future transgressions.

Best wishes,

R.J.B. Hills